Build Your Portfolio and Knowledge About the Law
Lawfit is seeking writers to join our Marketing and Communications team. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about writing and looking to contribute their talents to making a positive impact in the legal profession. This role is for a highly motivated and detail-oriented person who enjoys telling a story that captivates and inspires. You will work with amazing, dedicated folks to develop content (news articles and blog posts) that supports our blog. The hours are flexible and you can work remotely. Time commitment is approximately 1-2 hours per week.
As our mission is to help lawyers and law students make better career decisions, it’s critical for us to publish frequently and be an authority on the subject.
If you covet the written word, love the art of story telling, have a creative command of language, or simply love to write, then we need you. Volunteers in this role will prepare blog posts, feature articles, and other pieces as needed. Your work will go live once it’s been reviewed by our staff.
Come build your portfolio while learning more about the legal field.
- Excellent editing, proofreading, and writing skills.
- Must have a J.D., be currently enrolled in law school, or work extensively in the legal field.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to work rapidly and meet deadlines under pressure.
- An outstanding attention to details and ability to multitask.
- Access to computer with internet connection.
- Knowledge of social media.
- Experience in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or English a plus.
- Build your resume and gain references for future employment opportunities.
- Be part of a highly-motivated organization.
- Opportunity to work from the comfort of your own home.
- This is an unpaid part-time volunteer position.
How to Apply
- Email a cover letter to email@example.com outlining why you would be a good fit for Lawfit, your resume, and one writing sample. Please put “Blog Volunteer” in the subject line.